Don’t you just love it when you come into the office and someone has bought donuts? Working at Handy is no different. Every now and then when we come into the office, one of our co-workers has been nice enough to bring in boxes of Tim Horton’s. When we tell you that you have to get to them fast, we are not just kidding. Those things go fast in an office and everyone has their favorites.
If we told you that you could only have one donut today, what kind would it be? Cake? Fritter? Cruller? Well, those are all very good choices. However, we are going to share a list of our favorite donuts from the very popular Canadian Chain, Tim Horton’s. If you ever get the chance to get to a Tim Horton’s, you would definitely have these on your list of which ones you want.
- Old Fashioned – Some may call us crazy, but there is something to be said about a donut without a lot of frills. Sometimes you don’t want all that sugary chocolate or sprinkles or glaze. You simply want a donut as they used to have. To make up for it, you could always buy a flavored coffee or one of their specialty drinks. There is no harm in that, right?
- Jelly Filled – If there is one donut that seems to go the fastest at most any office or home, it would have to be jelly filled. The reason is that powdered sugar and jelly is exponentially better than peanut butter and jelly. They are not the cleanest donuts and if you happen to get too excited and bite the wrong end you will be cleaning up jelly for an hour but darn it, they just taste amazing.
- Honey Dip – If you are looking for a donut that is not going to make a mess at your laptop, then this is the one to choose. If you want to go the extra mile, pair it with a honey lemon tea for a honey-themed treat you will come back for time and time again.
- Apple Fritter – Well it has fruit, so it has to be healthy, right? The best part about this donut is that you can pull it apart in sections and savor every last bite. We suggest ordering an Iced Capp with a shot of caramel if you are looking to have that full-on autumn feeling any time of year.
- Vanilla Dip – These are your standard white topped donuts with sprinkles. The great part about that plain white top, they can get very creative with the sprinkles. Depending on the time of year you can find green and red sprinkles, black and orange sprinkles, or heart-shaped sprinkles. They really get into the holiday spirit with sprinkles.
At Handy, we are not too picky about the kind of donut we eat, but as with everyone we have our favorites. Make it a point to visit your nearest Tim Horton’s and see what kind you like the best. No matter what donut you pick, you will be in for a real treat.