Now that Halloween has passed, most Canadians are looking forward to Christmas. Reviews Coast Spas is no different, but we know of one more thing happening before Christmas – Black Friday. While we celebrate Thanksgiving in October, our neighbours to the south celebrate in November. A lot of people, as well as retailers, hold off on the holiday specials until after that. Being in Canada does not exempt us from participating in the savings. We will discuss below, just what you can do to make the best of the Black Friday deals.
To understand what is going on, you first need to know what Black Friday is. Black Friday is the day after American Thanksgiving that has become the biggest shopping day of the year. This is the last chance that businesses have to get into the black (or positive revenue) before the new year. Typically, they offer the best deals of the year on this day. If you follow the steps outlined below, you will be able to shop specials in the United States, in Canada, and online.
- Have a Plan – Make sure to do your homework. Know what stores open at what times and plan your route. It can be furthest to closest, East to West, North to South, or what you want most to what you want least. How you do it is up to you, but make sure you know what stores are selling what and make sure to check competitors and see if they have a price match guarantee.
- Use Your Phone – Download all the apps from the stores in your area. Quite often, they announce their specials early to app users and even have special deals that you can download codes for if you are using the app. Also get the big apps that combine all the stores into one to make it easier to compare competing prices.
- Know When to Shop – Shopping during meal times is the best time to shop. So, hold off on going first thing in the morning as people generally eat before they leave for the day. However, they shop all day, which means they will have to stop for lunch and dinner. These are the best times to go get shopping done. Notice we didn’t say quickly done. That is because no matter what, you will not be getting anything done fast. Pack an extra helping of patience on your breakfast plate.
- Dress Comfortably – This is not a time to try to win any best-dressed contests. Trust us when we tell you, no one will even be looking at what you are wearing. They all have their minds on what they need and want and don’t have time to judge you on your coffee-stained sweatpants and slippers.
- Don’t Forget the Extras – Many people focus so much on hitting up the big box stores and forget there are two other days that provide a great place to get specials. Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday are great times to pick up extra deals that everyone might not know about.
Reviews Coast Spas hopes you will think ahead an be safe on the craziest shopping day of the year. Don’t forget, many of the stores in Canada also have Black Friday Specials and often they try to make them more attractive than their US counterparts to keep you in Canada.